1. Don’t be afraid to see your source naked. It might happen from time to time.
2. Pastors like to eat at McDonald’s. Since writing this post, I’ve run into a couple other clergymen while working as a mojo beneath the golden arches. Trend story?
3. Put yourself out there. You might win $200.
4. You win some, you lose some.
5. In every mundane thing that happens, there’s a weird angle. Find it. Milk it.
6. Spend more time with the older generation. Sometimes, they’re just cool. Other times, they surprise you with information about how a local company is helping the U.S. government prevent another Benghazi-like attack.
10. They also don’t know how to spell. But we love them anyway.
11. Use #Boyer101 whenever you teach a journalism workshop. Hilarity will ensue.
13. Sometimes a cookie is just a cookie. Sometimes it’s a catastrophe.
Can’t wait to see what 2014 brings!