I detest typical “Year in Review” posts:
“I GOT ENGAGED.”
“I HAD A BABY.”
“I BOUGHT A HOUSE.”
Yep, I’ve done none of said things. I’m still living in my awesome bachelorette pad apartment in York city. I don’t have a ring on it. And there certainly isn’t a fetus growing inside of me (that I’m aware of).
But hey, I still had a pretty awesome year full of adventures, successes and things that made me think.
Here’s a list of the good, the bad and the ugly from 2012:
2. March brought the biggest honor of all! I was chosen for Digital First Media’s ideaLab, which bestowed upon me my first iPhone ever.
4. I turned 24 … and live-tweeted it.
5. I saw this weird-looking guy sitting on his stoop.
7. I finally won something.
9. I welded.
11. The HoodiePillow. I can’t believe someone pays me to write about this stuff.
12. My first ever long-term project, Risky Business, ran. Co-worker Sean Adkins and I spent months on it.
14. I molded young minds.
15. I traveled to Newtown, Conn., with coworker Chris Dunn to work for DFM’s Thunderdome team covering the immediate aftermath of the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting. If you’d like to see a sample of what I wrote, click here.