#boyerbirthday: Digital Journalist Lauren Boyer (me) turns 24

1. The only way, I figured, to #partylikeajournalist, was to live-tweet the ongoings of my 24th birthday party last weekend. Below are the events that transpired as I entered my mid-20s.

Obligatory Foursquare check-in.
  2. Share
    24th birthday celebraish. #iloveyorkcity (@ Sam & Tony’s Pasta House) t.co/Opl9JcL7
    Wed, Apr 11 2012 17:08:19
  3. Ed Mahon named the hashtag. From there, a monster was born.
  4. Share
    RT @edmahonreporter: #boyerbirthday. It is the official hashtag. @laurenboyer
  5. Share
    #boyerbirthday ! I like that @edmahonreporter . Live tweeting my party like a champ. #partylikeajournalist
    Wed, Apr 11 2012 17:08:19
  6. Then, a blast from the past. Someone from State College tweeted to say hello!
  7. Share
    . “@edmahonreporter: #boyerbirthday. the official hashtag. @laurenboyer” happy birthday, Lauren, from college heights! @asmeltz & good luck!
  8. Share
    Wed, Apr 11 2012 17:08:19
  9. Then the photoshoot began.
  10. Share

Me and @christhedunn at #boyerbirthday ! I’m 24, guys. pic.twitter.com/Rj0hznms
  11. And wouldn’t stop.
  12. Share

Me and @sadkins75 ! #YorkPA pic.twitter.com/KhggnKpk
    Wed, Apr 11 2012 17:08:19
  13. Until everyone had been creeped on with my brand new iPhone.
  14. Share

Look! @edmahonreporter and @msangelucci being #digitalfirst at #boyerbirthday pic.twitter.com/NbK0Wxon
    Wed, Apr 11 2012 17:08:19
  15. I should have listened to this woman’s wise words. But I couldn’t. I love to overshare.
  16. Share
    @laurenboyer is having too much fun on her birthday. Put the phone down and enjoy!
    Wed, Apr 11 2012 17:08:19
  17. Alas, the party ventured on.
  18. Share
    #boyerbirthday is moving to bistro 19.
  19. Share
    #boyerbirthday (@ Bistro 19 w/ @aar0nmike) t.co/0A2BY4uV
    Wed, Apr 11 2012 17:08:19
  20. Verbickas was slightly jealous.
  21. Share
    RT @mikeverbs: @laurenboyer it’s times like this I wish I was in York! 🙂
    Wed, Apr 11 2012 17:08:19
  22. And then I spotted this man, who allegedly, was a creeper?
  23. Share

Creeper alert up in the #iloveyorkcity pic.twitter.com/UeSubCNv
    Wed, Apr 11 2012 17:08:19
  24. But I didn’t care. I had wine. Placed strategically on the cover of YDR’s Smart Magazine.
  25. Share

Wine. #boyerbirthday pic.twitter.com/SjKhxjK6
    Wed, Apr 11 2012 17:08:19
  26. I enjoy a good laugh at the expense of men who order girly drinks at the bar. Hah.
  27. Share

This guy is drinking a ‘man-tini’ #iloveyorkcity pic.twitter.com/oWXJjz4X
    Wed, Apr 11 2012 17:08:19
  28. Some party guests ended the night ended the night scarfing down some breakfast. The party posse was not invited. #boyerbirthday bummer.
  29. Share
    Back home after @laurenboyer’s #boyerbirthday, and someone is making me grits. This might be love.
  30. Share

@christhedunn @laurenboyer Mmm grits. Mmm bacon. #boyerbirthday instagr.am/p/JJXY7jyyHx/
    Wed, Apr 11 2012 17:08:19
  31. The day after my birthday, I found out something awesome: Drinks cause me to forget entire encounters, evidently.
  32. Share
    @B_Richardson32 hey! Did I miss you last night? I was strung out after #boyerbirthday . Drinks sometime?
  33. Share
    @laurenboyer you didn’t miss me, we exchanged hello’s at Bistro19. You were definitely enjoying #boyerbirthday! Drinks soon!
    Wed, Apr 11 2012 17:08:19
  34. And Bryan Peach decided to use me to increase his Klout score. That’s what happens when you get a reputation.
  35. Share
    RT @bryanpeach: In a desperate attempt to increase my @klout score, I’d like to say happy birthday to @laurenboyer: Great @ydrcom report …
  36. Share
    @bryanpeach @klout @ydrcom awe. Thanks 😉
    Wed, Apr 11 2012 17:08:19
  37. My hyperlocal buddy Emileigh Clare made me brownies. I tried to share, but it was hard.
  38. Share

Made flaxseed brownies with peanut butter icing for @laurenboyer’s birthday! Be nice and maybe she will share? twitpic.com/985k2i
    Wed, Apr 11 2012 17:08:19
  39. And my good friend and fellow business writer Sean Adkins, alias Sadkins, got me this sweet card bearing advice I could have used over the weekend.
  40. Share

Love this birthday card! Thanks @sadkins75 ! #boyerbirthday pic.twitter.com/hFAHHUSo
    Wed, Apr 11 2012 17:08:19
  41. I stayed at the office until 8 p.m. that day. A #boyerbirthday bummer that wound up being a blessing.(I GOT SH*T DONE.)
  42. Share
    Still at the office on #boyerbirthday

2 responses to “#boyerbirthday: Digital Journalist Lauren Boyer (me) turns 24

1. Pingback: Anatomy of a Central Market meet-up: Getting outside the office, generating page views | BY LAUREN BOYER

2. Pingback: To tweet or not to tweet? That time I went to Excitement Video and Toys for work. | BY LAUREN BOYER