Kids say the darndest things … from MY Twitter account. #boyer101

1. For the York Daily Record/Sunday News high school journalism workshop, I allowed one member of the audience to tweet AS me from MY account.
  2. Here’s what happened:
  3. First, I had to warn the Twittersphere what was about to happen.
  4. Share
    This account is about to be hijacked by high school #journalism students. Everybody watch out. It’s #boyer101
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 10:29:33
  5. From there, all hell broke loose. As you can tell, they took my idea of “mobile” offices VERY seriously.
  6. Share
    yeah I get paid to hangout at gas stations that’s whats up #boyeronthemove
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 10:44:01
  7. Share
    when you get kicked out of the office..go to a diner #boyer101
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 10:41:46
  8. Share
    Mall walking fo lyfe!
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 10:49:49
  9. Then, I had some technical difficulties. Happens to the best of us.
  10. Share
    First I can’t figure out how to turn the lights off, now I can’t get this internet to work #boyerprobs
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 10:47:01
  11. Share
    Where da volume at?!
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 10:47:46
  12. Share
    Oh no,my ipad battery is at 79% already!
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 10:56:02
  13. I showed the kids this blog post about Notability. Again, they took me super seriously. As seriously as a broken stylus.
  14. Share
    Hmm,trying to understand my own chicken scratch I wrote down with my stylist.
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 10:57:33
  15. Share
    Had to get a tetnis shot after roaming around in a rusty old farm
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 11:03:44
  16. Then, I spoke highly of this live chat about romance, while enlightening the children about my experiences with Cover It Live.
  17. Share
    White Rose Matchmaker,she’ll hook you up!
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 11:09:17
  18. I was shocked. Most of the kids had their phones. At school. Back in the day (and by that I mean 2006) I had to resort to extreme measures to use my Nokia tracphone.
  19. Share
    When I was in school I had to sneak in the bathroom to use my phone #boyerprobs
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 11:13:54
  20. I’m pretty sure everyone in the newsroom watching my Tweets were happy when the following tweet was twittered:
  21. Share
    Okay,I’m done talking for now.
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 11:15:03

One response to “Kids say the darndest things … from MY Twitter account. #boyer101

1. Pingback: #boyer101: The best high school journalism workshop session EVER. | BY LAUREN BOYER