#boyer101: The best high school journalism workshop session EVER.

That’s me, molding young minds.

For the York Daily Record/Sunday News 19th annual high school journalism workshop, I presented my ideaLab project and the concept of the “mobile newsroom.”

I also did something that made at least two of my colleagues cringe.

During my 45-minute session, dubbed #boyer101, I allowed the self-proclaimed snarkiest member of the audience to tweet AS me from MY account, @laurenboyer.

Hilarity ensued.

(You can read those tweets by clicking here.)

In addition, I scrounged around the newsroom for some spare iPads and created fake “me” accounts — @boyer_101 and @laurenboyer101.

Everyone was told to use the hashtag #boyer101.

I handed out the iPads, and the kids went to town.

What’s the point?

Because, as I’ve said before, I’m high on crack life.

And I like seeing kids excited about journalism.

Afterall, what fun is it to learn about Storify, Cover It Live, iMovie and more, if you can’t crack jokes about your funny-looking instructor?

Here’s some more crazy correspondence to tide you over before #boyer101 returns next year.

@laurenboyer talks to crazy people. #boyer101 #ydr2012
    Does anybody even use AOL chat rooms anymore #boyer101
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 11:08:10
  5. Share
    Best part of the day so far is with #boyer101 at #ydr2012
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 11:01:22
  6. Share
    @laurenboyer #boyer101 was quite entertaining.
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 11:45:32
  7. Share
    s/o to @laurenboyer for keeping an address book of weird locals #boyer101 #ydr2012
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 10:54:31
  8. Share

Ohhhhaii @laurenboyer . #boyer101 #ydr2012 #partylikeajournalist http://pic.twitter.com/IJ7h4V4J
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 10:54:49

7 responses to “#boyer101: The best high school journalism workshop session EVER.

1. Pingback: Get gas, stay a while: I take my mobile journalism skills to a York County convenience store | BY LAUREN BOYER

2. Pingback: Logos Academy gets a taste of #boyer101, my super fabulous journalism workshop. | BY LAUREN BOYER

3. Pingback: More from #boyer101 with Logos Academy at York Daily Record | BY LAUREN BOYER

4. Pingback: Taking a spin in the York Daily Record/Sunday News NewsVroom and VISIT ME AT THE YORK FAIR! | BY LAUREN BOYER

5. Pingback: Meet Haley, my high school journalism job shadow from Spring Grove Area High School | BY LAUREN BOYER

6. Pingback: The good, bad and ugly stuff that happened to me in 2012 | BY LAUREN BOYER

7. Pingback: Boyer talks SnapChat, whereabouts for the last two weeks | BY LAUREN BOYER